. Athena's Books: If I Were a Teen...I'd Vote For...Impossible
Thursday, September 3, 2009

If I Were a Teen...I'd Vote For...Impossible

Voting now open for the 2009 Teen's Top Ten at YALSA. Vote Here -http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/yalsa/teenreading/teenstopten/teenstopten.cfm

Voting is open through September 18th...so, don't delay. Go vote for 3 of your favorites from the list of nominations including books such as Living Dead Girl, Hunger Games, Breaking Dawn, Evermore, and many more. Do go unheard! Winners will be announced during Teen Read Week - October 18-24.

If I were a teen...I would vote for Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott. However, I think this novel is for the older teenager. I see it as a YA/Adult crossover. Some of the images are sordid and graphic. But it is definitely the most "literary" on the list. Another choice would be Impossible by Nancy Werlin. I love the "fairy-tale"/ legend feel and how it is based on an old English ballad. It's got romance too...which you know I love! Fantasy, romance, folklore, suspense. What else can you ask for?

Summary for Impossible:

Lucy is seventeen when she discovers that the women of her family have been cursed through the generations, forced to attempt three seemingly impossible tasks or to fall into madness upon their child's birth. But Lucy is the first girl who won't be alone as she tackles the list. She has her fiercely protective foster parents beside her. And she has Zach, whose strength amazes her more each day. Do they have enough love and resolve to overcome an age-old evil?

Inspired by the ballad "Scarborough Fair," Impossible combines suspense, fantasy, and romance.

0 comments: