. Athena's Books: Manic Monday Mini Review...Geek Magnet
Monday, April 26, 2010

Manic Monday Mini Review...Geek Magnet


Geek Magnet, a Novel in 5 Acts...by Kieran Scott


Hmmm...so you're afraid you may be a geek magnet? I think many of us had that feeling at one time or another way back when we were teenagers. Oh, wait...many of you guys reading my blog probably are teenagers. I forget I need to write my blogs for guys, too, and not just other crazy people adults like me who love YA.


So, ever felt like a geek magnet, meaning all you get is the guy you dont' want? Well, I don't think anybody can have it any worse than KJ with several geeks fawning all over and who just don't get that she doesn't want to get them. Of course, KJ may be a little bit of a geek herself, except that she has a ginormous chest. Will KJ find love in the world of the high school drama production of Grease?


Just so you'll know, I don't think the book summary I found really gets what the book is about right on. My little summary up above is more accurate.


SUMMARY


Mean Girls meets High School Musical from the author of I Was a Non-Blonde Cheerleader!Everyone loves KJ Miller, especially the geeks. She's pretty, smart, and super nice to everyone, which has made her the geek pied piper of Washington High. If only Cameron, the star of the basketball team, would follow her around and worship her the way her dorky entourage does.As the stage manager of the spring musical, Grease, KJ has to deal with a few geeks, but she also gets to hang out with Tama, queen of the popular crowd and star of the play. Tama has the solution to all of KJ's problems: get cruel. After all, the nice girl never gets the guy. Can KJ actually pull off a transformation into a mean girl?
EXCERPT
Okay, so I was dizzy with power. Can you blame me? It was the first day of rehearsals for the spring musical, Grease, at Washington High and I, KJ Miller, was the stage manager. The woman in charge. The first junior ever to be granted this most prestigious position.

0 comments: