. Athena's Books: Special Thanks to Some Special People
Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Special Thanks to Some Special People

Before I start “blogging” away, let me say thanks to a few people. Please bear with me—these are my fifteen minutes of internet fame.


I’d like to thank my husband and kids for being so understanding and supportive while I type away at my netbook or read a book with the word teen in the title…like Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac. They all think I should be a published author!


I’d like to thank Stephenie Meyer who doesn’t know me, but who inspired me to write. I mean, I had never heard of a thirty-something soccer mom who wrote her “genre” novel based on a dream.


I’d like to thank a girl with cat ears and her island of misfits who got me to read Twilight, which got me to this point.


I’d like to thank the BLA librarians at STISD for ordering every book I want to read.


I’d like to thank all those sophomore girls who love romance and who read everything I recommend.


I’d like to thank my principal and her counselor sister for encouraging my interest in grad school.


I’d like to thank a couple of professors, Emmy Perez and Phil Zwerling, for really complicating my life with revisions and pushing me as a writer.


I’d like to thank my students who have read numerous versions of my poems, future pieces of novels, and plays and never tell me the truth about what they really think. They all think I should be a published author!


Last, I’d like to thank the Lord Almighty by which none of this at all would be possible.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

and from the island of misfits comes one to say hi and to say the obvious
U ROCK!!!!!!!
awsome evil works of ours making you
our sensei* love manga, fiction, and VAMPIRES!!!!
lol
passing by
one of your student's
-daiyce