. Athena's Books: On the 4th Day of Christmas...
Thursday, December 17, 2009

On the 4th Day of Christmas...


On the 4th Day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Circle the Soul Softly by Davida Wills Hurin


This is the kind of book I want to write...literary YA! It's one of those books I just picked up at the library off the shelves. It's how I find most of my books. If the title and book description catch my eye then I give it a shot and usually I am not disappointed. This one is up there on my list of favorites. In case you are wondering...yes, there is a love story in here.


An elite school. Glamorous students who have fancy cars and mansions for homes (and all the haughty attitude to go with it). This is Katie O'Connor's fabulous new life since her family's recent move to Brentwood –– a perfect opportunity for a fresh start, at least in theory.

The only time she can overlook the hostility of her classmates is when they share the stage for plays. Onstage, directed by her awesome drama teacher, Tess, she has the confidence and talent that she cannot seem to muster in her everyday life. And it doesn't hurt that one of Katie's fellow actors is smart and cute and interested in her. But beneath the glossy surface, there are secrets buried deep, even in Katie's own past.

Nightmares and dark memories continue to plague Katie's consciousness, and in order to deal with the present, she needs to come to terms with the past. If only she could remember it.

0 comments: