. Athena's Books: YA Wire...Elizabeth Scott on Goodreads
Thursday, May 20, 2010

YA Wire...Elizabeth Scott on Goodreads


Any of you a member of Goodreads...virtual library for organizing all the books you read and post reviews and read what others have to say about books?


I absolutely love it...before I found Goodreads, I was using an ExCel spreadsheet to keep track. But no more!


Anyways, I one of the authors I follow through Goodreads is Elizabeth Scott, author of books such as Living Dead Girl and The Unwritten Rule. I found an interview on her Goodreads page that you might have missed. And, even if you have read it (like me), it's just nice to see the very everyday personality of an author you love. By the way SS stands for Simon & Schuster and the interview dates back to December 2009. Enjoy.


Quick Start

SS: How would you describe your life in only 8 words?

ES: Lucky. Very, very lucky

SS: What is your motto or maxim?

ES: Life is too short to not follow your heart.


Questions About Books and Writing

SS: Who are your favorite authors?

ES: Too many to list!

SS: What are your 5 favorite books of all time?

ES: Only five??? I can't pick just five.

SS: Is there a book you love to reread?

ES: There are many books I've read over and over (and over!) again.

SS: Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?

ES: Read.

SS: What comment do you hear most often from your readers?

ES: I get a lot of requests for sequels, and I always say that I've learned to never say never...


General Questions

SS: What were your previous occupations?

ES: I've done a little bit of everything--I've worked in a hardware store, I've sold pantyhose, I even spent three days at a dot.com where my only task was to burn CDs. (You can guess how exciting *that* job was!)

SS: What was/is your favorite job?

ES: Writing.


What Readers want to know...

SS: How would you describe perfect happiness?

ES: Spending the day with my husband, a dog, and a good book. It simply doesn't get better than that!

SS: What’s your greatest fear?

ES: Squirrels. (You laugh, but it's true!)

SS: If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?

ES: Wales. Or Ireland. Although I have to say, right now I'm pretty happy where I am.

SS: With whom in history do you most identify?

ES: Mata Hari. Just kidding! I actually have no idea.

SS: If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?

ES: Time travel. Imagine the possibilities!

SS: What’s your greatest flaw?

ES: Worry.

SS: What’s your best quality?

ES: Stubborness.

SS: What trait is most noticeable about you?

ES: My crazy hair.

SS: What is your biggest pet peeve?

ES: Toilet paper hung the wrong way. (Yes, for real!)

SS: What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?

ES: Reading.

SS: What’s your fantasy profession?

ES: Being paid to read.

SS: What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?

ES: A true soul, a sense of humor, and the ability to love fully.

SS: If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?

ES: Fritos!

SS: What do you regret most?

ES: That I can't eat chocolate!
By the way, I love the bookcover for The Unwritten Rule. -Minnie

0 comments: