. Athena's Books: The Day Before...You Lose All
Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Day Before...You Lose All


Well, folks, if you are my friend on facebook, you know I am far from "the Valley"-my home in South Texas...I am on my way to Disney World with la familia!!!!  Ok, so I may not have been too productive with my other blog, the one dedicated to me finding my way as a published YA author, but also the one you will follow once I tell you all is ready to go.  Nor, have I sent out my first batch of query letters for my first novel...it's been difficult to write the query in a way that pushes the book really well.

But...I can say I am going to Disney World!  We are just celebrating a spectacular year of family! 

Right now, I am in Gulfport, Mississippi.  Tomorrow we push on through to Orlando and on to the time-of-our-lives.  Just think about that oldie by Carly Simon, the one that repeats "these are the good old days..."  My query time will come and I will send them off and my publishing time will come and my more-time-to-write will come.  For now, it's all about my favorite mouse in the whole world...Minnie!

Of course, I can't let go of YA!  One of my gazillion friends is Lisa Schroeder...fellow YA verse novelist.  I say "fellow" because this is my thing, and I know one day I will talk to her in person.  I will get to tell her that I love her books and that she has been influential in my decision to merge novel and poetry!  Well, today she has a link on FB for her latest...The Day Before.  I just have to share it here at Athena's!  It's got beach, sand-writing, and heartbreaking romance...just fabulous summer reading.  Hmmm...maybe I will buy tonight on my Nook!!!!

Enjoy!!!!!!



Summary (from youtube)

Amber's life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself. Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell he's also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.

But she's troubled by his darkness. Because Cade's not just living in the now—he's living each moment like it's his last.



0 comments: