. Athena's Books: The Wrong Path...Maybe "Write" Path
Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Wrong Path...Maybe "Write" Path




So yesterday I made a new author contact, and I'm so looking forward to reading her YA romance novel...The Wrong Path.  Actually, Vivian Marie Aubin du Paris (don't you just love her name?) found me.  She somehow found my blog, even though I only have 99 followers...my hundred is barely getting here.  I read a blog post somewhere once that there is a new interest in the world of blogging...quality over quantity.  In other words, be happier with a core of people who acually read your blog rather than have a gazillion followers or followers that come to you with a "you follow me, I follow you" mentality.  Hmmm...I don't know.  I get what this means, but numbers still make me smile.

But back to Vivian's book!  I've always said a book with any smidgen of romance is the kind that makes for a better read in my world, but lately, I want the romance, the superb plot, and the superb writing.  I haven't read her novel yet since she barely sent me a PDF version, but just based on a brief summary she sent by email, well, I am sold.  I want to read it.  I guess many would say her novel is the kind of story we've heard before, but it seems to have more to it.  Maybe because I really like The Summer I Turned Pretty byJenny Han and Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder...both involving a choice between brothers. 

What I like so far about The Wrong Path is how Annabelle's life could be completely altered by choosing one brother over another.  So, depending on which brother she follows, then in that choice you find the wrong path.  But, the wrong path may end up to be the right path after all the tragedy and mystery clears up.  Or maybe it's wrong all the way and stays wrong and you don't get the ending you want but you get the ending that ends with a punch and keeps you thinking about it and weighing out what it all means after you turn the last page.

Author Summary:

The Wrong Path by Vivian Marie Aubin du Paris

They were the ones everyone wanted to be. Except on the inside.


Annabelle's life was finally going according to plan. She had the right group of friends. Her childhood crush had finally started to notice her. She was pretty, popular, and in love.


And then one terrible night at a party Will enters her life and everything changes.
Will is the polar opposite of his older brother Trevor—Annabelle’s new boyfriend—the popular, straight-A, quarterback high school star. He's wild, charismatic, and full of secrets. He's completely different from anyone Annabelle has ever known, and soon their accidental run-in becomes a pattern as Annabelle finds herself seeking him out wherever she goes.


Despite his open hostility with his older brother, Annabelle is drawn to him, wanting to be with him. Will opens a new world for Annabelle, one where she can shed her carefully constructed mask and be herself.


But being with Will comes at a price. And when tragedy strikes, she has to make a choice between the two brothers.


And the wrong one means losing everything forever.


2 comments:

Mara Lina said...

I just wanted to let you know in response to your "quality over quantity" thing, that I am one of your regular readers and I really enjoy your blog. You have helped me discover new books and authors that I might not have found otherwise and lead me to many great reads. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comments, Mara Lina! I am glad I've been able to suggest great books and authors for your reading list. Thanks for following!